There Are Many Swedish Lapland Activities and
Many Activity Possibilities
Swedish Lapland ActivitiesApparently there isn't one common source where you can find out about Swedish Lapland activities and attractions. With our way of doing this we think you'll come quite close to the whole picture.
Swedish Lapland consists of these 12 municipalities:In Norrbotten County (the northern part of Swedish Lapland): Kiruna, Gällivare, Jokkmokk, Arvidsjaur and Arjeplog.
In Västerbotten County (the southern part of Swedish Lapland): Lycksele, Storuman, Vilhelmina, Dorotea, Sorsele, Malå and Åsele.
In Norrbotten County they have, in addition, decided to include these municipalities in the term "Swedish Lapland": Boden, Kalix, Luleå, Pajala, Piteå, Älvsbyn, Överkalix and Övertorneå.
This is done for tourism purposes. In a way tourists will get a wrong impression of what Swedish Lapland is.
(Photo from Lycksele: Olav E. Johansen/www.topofeurope-photo.com)
So here is an attempt to gather it all in one place:
1. Swedish Lapland Activities and Attractions in Norrbotten County
See this scrollable map of the Norrbotten area
2. Activities and Attractions in Wilhelmina, Dorotea and Åsele Part of southernmost part of Swedish Lapland.
(We are sorry that the link doesn't take you directly to the Enlish page. You have to look for the English Flag Icon at the bottom of the page once you are there).
Here's a map of southernmost part of Swedish Lapland
And here's a map covering points 3 to 6 below.
3. Activities and Attractions in Lycksele.
4. Activities and Attractions in Storuman: Here you can see what they have at Hemavan
and then in central Storuman.
5. Activities and Attractions in Sorsele (you'll have to scroll downwards in the PDF-document to find your Activities and Attractions)
6. Activities and Attractions in Malå (from the Malå Hotel site you'll also find links to Activities and Attractions)
7. Activities in Västerbotten Here you will find info about the southern parts of Swedish Lapland as well as the whole county of Västerbotten.